This course has an optional on-site workplace assessment – Is your workplace “Mentally Healthy”?
Workshop 1. Understanding PTSD from a “Lived experience” perspective
- Understanding PTSD and associated conditions
- Who can get PTSD
- Treatment options
- How to help someone with PTSD
- What to do and what not too
- Have you served in the Military in Singapore or Timor? PTSD or ABI?
- Critical incident stress
- CIS, PTSD, and CPTSD
- Suicide prevention and education
- How to identify warning signs for suicide
- Myths about suicide
- Australian statistics
- Group activities to hone your skillset
- Teenagers and Suicide Prevention Education
- Suicide plan
- What to say and what not to say
- How to confidently support a person in crisis
- How to have a conversation with someone experiencing suicidal thoughts and behaviours
Do you know how to help someone that is feeling suicidal?
Learn practical skills to improve your confidence in this workshop
At the completion of the workshop, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to safely have a conversation with a suicidal person.
- From $85+GST per person *Conditions apply, contact us at (02) 9412-0000 to discuss your individual needs.
- Military & First Responder – currently serving and retired: Tickets are free (Conditions apply)
Workshop 2. Mental Health First Aid- tickets $520+GST per person Includes certificate of accreditation, morning/afternoon tea and lunch on both days
The 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid course teaches adults (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.